1. There's going to be a new auction for Firefly/Serenity fans on LisaWalks
2. I am up for sale in Sweet Charity
! I have two vids on offer - one specifically crack, and one that's broader - anything in Heroes, Supernatural, Twin Peaks, Chuck, Merlin, Doctor Who (new), Torchwood, Leverage, LOTR or Watchmen (although a Watchmen request won't be done until a month after the DVD comes out). My most recent Sweet Charity vid was for la_perkins
- it's a somewhat cracktastic gen SPN vid
set to an adorably hilarious song from the Corb Lund Band - Always Keep an Edge on Your Knife - and all my Sweet Charity vids are here
was doing Shag, Cliff or Marry, and I was curious who she'd give me, so I played.
The following presumes that I am not, nor have I ever been, married. Ianto Jones, Peter Petrelli, James Potter
My first reaction is to cliff James Potter, because he's dead anyway, but shagging or marrying him would get me proximity to Remus and Sirius and there are worse fates than watching the two of them snog or be angsty about each other.
And I don't want to marry Ianto because he's a workaholic who's a little too
devoted to his boss, and getting in the middle of that could be messy. Plus, I don't actually like the smell or taste of coffee.
I definitely don't want to marry Peter Petrelli because it would be far too weird for him to marry a girl who has the same name as his brother's (ex-)wife and have you seen
the drama=angst in that family? Almost as potentially deadly as being married to James Potter.
Would like to shag him, though.
So I'd count on my sensibilities to convince James not to trust Pettigrew as the Secret Keeper, and marry James Potter, after shagging Peter Petrelli, and poor Ianto Jones would be cliffed, but I would hope for his sake that there's a TARDIS just below the drop-off to catch him because I don't actually want him to end up painfully dead.
If you want me to give you a set of three to Shag, Cliff or Marry, please comment! thefridayfive
: High School
1. Would you return to high school life for a week? Why or why not? For a week? Sure. Ideally, the week that I spent traveling around England during the last semester of high school - or the photo class trip to New York that I had the week before that.
Average, every day high school? Depends on the reason why.
2. Who were/are you in high school? Not around very much. I worked for two different tv stations from my sophmore year on, and had permission to leave campus at 2PM most days, so I didn't do many extra-curriculars, and I didn't do any sports. Any chance I had for a normal high school experience was eviscerated when I broke my leg two weeks before classes started for my junior year, making it impossible for me to get around campus easily, stay after for clubs, manage the swim team, or even get a ride to school with friends, as I was casted up to my hip.
3. What was/is your favorite high school hangout? What did/do you do there? Nothing in particular for my first three years, but senior year there was a little food court with excellent chineese and sushi that we went to a lot. My friend Chris and I ended up being extras when they filmed a Miami Vice episode there halfway into our senior year.
4. What were/are your favorite three songs in high school? Something So Strong (Crowded House), Cross My Heart (Everything But the Girl) and Breakout (Swing Out Sister).
5. What was the craziest thing you did in high school? I was the one who brought a bottle of champagne to the parties, and handed it around rather than drinking from it myself. I hated beer - still do. fannish5
: Name the 5 most memorable tv/movie soundtracks.
1. Reality Bites. I bought it for Crowded House's Locked Out, and I kept it for Lisa Loeb's STAY. Still one of my favorite soundtracks ever, and I still listen to it a lot.
2. Moulin Rouge. I love the Elephant Love Medley! I love how Baz managed to merge so many different things together - it was the perfect pastiche.
3. Mamma Mia - my kids love for me to play it, especially (for no explicable reason) Super Trouper and Honey Honey. There is no way to get it out of my head.
4. Hairspray! Loved the play, love the movie. Love the songs - and my eldest does a wonderful version of It Takes Two.
5. Beauty and the Beast. I had to get some Disney in here and while I probably love the actual songs in Lilo & Stitch and Enchanted as much to listen to, I have to include Beauty & the Beast because what could be better than songs about reading
. "Isn't this amazing? It's my favorite part because - you'll see...."
I haven't seen any humor on my flist about the Republican budget
Collection of Charts That Are Mostly A Series of Circles and Lines And No Numbers (which some Republicans in Congress who'd been working on an actual budget concept are somewhat nonplussed about) - but I have seen some on political blogs like DKos
The brilliant Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight
shared ( this )