But no Supernatural tonight, and I entirely forgot until I didn't see any squee about it on Twitter. ALAS, what am I to watch?
Oh yeah, Yankees game! That'll do. Oh, and legomymalfoy
, could you email me re a mood theme issue when you have a sec?
1. The Nation
is going to be releasing a book about Sarah Palin the same day her book comes out, and it's called Going Rouge
and the cover looks very similar to the
book that she
actually had ghostwritten for her. ( Covers are behind the cut )
So, what do you think? Permissible parody, fair use or copyright infringement? Can the cover be a parody even if the content inside is not a parody? In general, one cannot have a trademark or a copyright in the title of a book, but the trade dress of Palin's book may be protectable, and it's possible that a court would decide that the cover of Going Rouge
is not a parody.
So I wonder if The Nation came up with the cover and title for PR/shock value and to get people talking about the book, or whether they actually expect to get taken to court and be forced to change it. Very interesting, very curious.
2. Michelle Obama with a green hula hoop!
3. Totally lost track of time at the gym today, and didn't realise that 50 minutes had passed until they had. That's what happens when you listen to Walking on Sunshine/Halo, Sweet Caroline, It's My Life/Confessions and Last Name, then re-watch the Pilot episode of Glee! Loved it last night, thought the musical numbers were all terrific, and am *thrilled* that the soundtrack is available as a prepurchase on iTunes, comes out right after Halloween and includes ( a song that hasn't been on the show yet )
4. Check out the updated Infinitus website!
I was at Universal yesterday for a brief meeting after spending two days with DD, Princessing at Disney World, and Hogsmeade and Hogwarts are looking fantastic. I also got to see an artist's rendition of the inside of the Triwizard Tournament-inspired rollercoaster refurb, and it looks fantastic. I don't plan to actually ride that ride, as it goes upside-down and I won't do that, but I will definitely walk through the pre-show thing to see this amazingness in person.
The Infinitus CFP is also up, and I'll babble more about that next week.
and other fandomers are at the preview night for the Harry Potter Exhibition in Boston tonight and I wish I'd been able to get up there for that - and the Jason Manns concert tonight, too! - but I couldn't travel again this week, not with Aaron and I planning to go to LA in November. Must find out who (other than Kris Allen) is supposed to be on Conan that night, and score tickets if it's anyone interesting.
6. Is on a plane.
has another round of auctions up right now, including bears signed by Donny Osmond, Kerry Butler, Olivia Newton-John, future GLEE director Joss Whedon, Lance Bass and more
. Check it out, and bid! It's all for a terrific cause - breast cancer research!
8. Next week, glockgal
and I are going to launch a CafePress store to raise money for DonorsChoose projects, so stay tuned!
9. Definitely planning to come to Wincon next October. Chicago is so much easier for me to get to than Denver was, and it'll be fantastic to meet so many of you, and see so many of you again. And speaking of SPN events, Creation's added a New Jersey event in July of 2010 to its website. Definitely not planning to go as it's only a week before Infinitus, and I'm going to be, um, busy. And there's no guests listed yet either. But it's a bit of a surprise to see it there.
10. I got a few concerned emails last week re the Sidekick outage, but I haven't had a Sidekick in almost 15 months. I ditched it when the second iPhone came out, and then unloaded it on my dad when the G1 came out. And now I am surreptitiously eyeing the newer phones Verizon is bringing out this fall that have Android. SO glad I'm no longer on the Sidekick system!